Find the latest news and information about NRI.
TOKYO – March 14, 2012
Sadayuki Horie, Senior Researcher at NRI and Daniel Enskat, Senior Managing Director, Head of Global Consulting at Strategic Insight, will discuss the evolving role of fund managers globally during a Webinar on March 29th, 2012. The growth of mutual funds in Asia, characterized by the highly visible success of international investment firms across the region, is capturing the attention of Japan's asset managers. Some of them are committing greater resources to expanding regionally, but the complexities of distributing funds in Asia remains enormous, especially as investors concentrate and entrust their financial assets to a smaller number of leading providers.
At the same time, the unique product approaches and skills that Japan's managers have developed over the years for their own market – such as dividend and income solutions, asset allocation, and sub-advisory partnerships with well-known global specialists – are beginning to appeal to investors in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and other countries in the region.
Topics that will be discussed include;
- A Shifting Landscape: Asia and emerging markets drive growth and innovation globally
- Distribution Channels in Asia: A variety of regional trends and needs
- The Blockbuster Phenomenon: 1% of products collect nearly $1 trillion in flows
- Case Studies: Focused on the relationship of the managers and their products in different regions of Asia
- Sadayuki Horie, Senior Researcher at NRI
- Daniel Enskat, Senior Managing Director, Head of Global Consulting at Strategic Insight
Thursday, March 29th, 2012, at 10:00am EDT