NRI People Financial IT Solutions
Senior Researcher, Data Analyst
Digital Wholesale Finance Platform Department
CMA(a member of the Securities Analysts Association of Japan)
Chie Mitsui is a graduate of the Tokyo University of Science and has a masters degree from Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science. Before joining Nomura Research Institute in 2008, she worked at Jiji Press Ltd.
Chie specializes in corporate disclosure information and associated systems, IFRS, and ESG.
Also a member of IFRS Taxonomy Consultative Group (ITCG) of International Accounting Standard Board 2014-2020, she has been publishing articles and reports regarding efficient disclosure information for investors' & analysts' activities.
Since 2014, Chie has been expanding her research area to the trend of UK/EU corporate governance, reporting, and their impact. In the past several years, Chie has been also researching Sustainable finance, impact investments.
- Improvement of company disclosures and evaluations
- Analyze role of valuations in corporate finance.
- A member of Non-Financial Disclosure Guidelines Study Group of METI
- A member of Corporate Disclosure Poly Committee of CFA institute
- Board member of CFA Society Japan
- International Accounting human-network (hosted by FASF) registrated
- Member of IASB's Consultative Group for the IFRS TaxonomySince April 2014
- "Digital transformation and ESG" Panel discussion RI JAPAN 2021, May 20th 2021
- 2020 International Hackathon What kind of information is needed for investment and financing of SMEs and startups, Nov 5th 2020
- RI DIGITAL:JAPAN 2020 Panel Discussion For engagement or rating?
Standardised or business-specific format? Lessons learnt from the Covidcrisis, Oct 29th 2020
- Nikkei Sustainable Finance seminar Panel Discussion The realisation of a Sustainable Society, Sep 2nd 2020 *(Japanese Only)
- RI World Update Webinar A new paradigm shift in environmental and sustainable finance?, Dec 19th 2019 *(Japanese Only)
- Does it bring about a new stage of digital reporting? The Eurofiling 2019,
- Amendment UK corporate governance code for the Corporate Governance network (NPO),17 December 2018
- UK Digital Reporting Forum Panelist UK FRC, 6 December 2018 （URL)
- EU sustainable finance for Mizuho Security, 19 November 2018
- EU shareholder rights directive and stewardship responsibility of DC fund, for the Pension investment study group, 19 September 2018
- How Data travel through the market? For the Eurofiling XBRL Week 2018, 29 May 2018
- "The conditions which will be needed for the structured report", Data Amplified 2016, November 2016, Singapore
- "Challenges and Solutions in Digital Corporate Disclosure", The 2015 XBRL International Conference, September 2015, Copenhagen
- IFRS Taxonomy Annual Convention 2012 April, London
- The 24th XBRL International Conference 2012 March, Abu Dhabi
- Japan's Stewardship Code: issues facing asset management companies
- Building an information environment essential for success of Japan’s stewardship code
- A New Era of Corporate Disclosure Vol.2 - Will next-generation EDINET and its XBRL facilitate corporate evaluation and improve global comparability? -
- TDnet should seek its own role in next-generation XBRL earnings digests to differentiate itself from EDINET
- Taiwan Stock Exchange's XBRL disclosure system upgrade places priority on global comparability in conjunction with IFRS adoption from 2013
- Next-generation EDINET and XBRL disclosure of material facts
- A New Era of Corporate Disclosure - Will 2013 upgrade to EDINET and new-generation XBRL improve corporate valuation process? -
- IFRS Taxonomy Annual Convention 2012 April London
- XBRL could potentially improve efficiency of shareholder voting
- New York Society of Security Analysts
- XBRL reporting makes financial statement footnotes more useful for company valuation
- Communication with long-term investors for company value creation
- Improvement in XBRL Financial Reporting's Accuracy is the Key to Dissemination of Information in Securities Filings
- Interactive Business Reporting "Can XBRL improve Institutional Investors' ability to screen investees?"