BESTWAY/JJ is a solution that provides comprehensive support to account management functions for defined-contribution pension plans, including sales support functions for the front office, and account management functions for mutual fund sales at banks.
*For your business in Japan.
Since the regulatory changes in December 1998, mutual fund sales at banks have grown exponentially. The bank sales channel currently accounts for 50% of the mutual funds balance, including private offerings, in Japan. NRI's BESTWAY solution for mutual fund sales at banks supported this process.
BESTWAY/JJ is a shared application services offering that provides comprehensive support for back-office functions such as attribution management, balance management, calculations for orders and execution, settlement process, and reporting management. In addition to giving users the ability to view customer information and fund data, BESTWAY/JJ offers compliance functions, account opening functions, order management, and account management functions for defined-contribution pension plans.
Optional services such as BEWTWAY/COMPASS and BESTWAY/FOCUS allow users to manage administrative tasks and sales activities on tablet devices.
In addition, users can outsource thier administrative work such as fund management conducted on BESTWAY/JJ and vendor management to NRI.
banks - including large banks, trust banks, and regional banks - use BESTWAY. In total, more than 110 companies use the suite, including asset management and life and general insurance firms, in addition to banks.
End-to-end solution for mutual fund sales at banks
- BESTWAY/JJ provides total support for mutual fund sales at banks, from back-office operations focused on account management functions, to front-office operations, such as inquiries for various data and compliance checks at banks, as well as defined-contribution pension plans operations.
- Clients can get access to the solution and all related services by adding BESTWAY/JJ to NRI's BESTNet network service. The reports and resulting data created by BESTWAY/JJ are linked through dedicated servers installed at client sites.
Reducing equipment operation load by creating a central server
- Clients can access BESTWAY/JJ as a shared application through NRI's data centres.
- NRI provides maintenance and operations services.
- Each user can manage customized security policies, including login password activity tracking and login timeout settings.
- The access log is provided as an audit trail.
- Authorization to access editable functions and screens can be controlled in-house and customized for each unit and job function performing the operation.
Failure resistance/disaster resistance
- BESTWAY/JJ is operated from NRI's data center, which conforms to the nation's most robust and stable safety standards outlined by the Center for Financial Industry Information Systems (FISC).
- A backup center is always ready to mirror standard functions.
- Investment trust account management
- Sales support
- Online reporting*1
- External connection file creation
- Direct database inquiry, extraction and reference service from NRI data center
- Japan Securities Depository Center-connected file creation function
- Audit trail
- Provide Fund data via e-AURORA*2
- NAV auto-receipt
*1 Reports for customers (for inquiries), in-house reports, tax reports, etc.
*2 Assuming store development option is used (optional)
- Account management for defined contribution plan
- Account management for foreign domiciled funds
- Able to set up terminals at branches to view and enter information online
- Japanese ISA-compliant option
- Japanese ISA application-receiving option
- Connectivity for asset managers
- CRM for mutual fund sales (BESTWAY/FOCUS)
- Navigation for financial instruments sales (BESTWAY/COMPASS)
- Electronic customer reporting delivery service (POSTUB)
- FundWeb Service
*BESTWAY is a registered trademark of Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
*Unauthorized reproduction or copying of any of the contents of these documents is prohibited.
*The contents of this page are current as of May 2017. The specifications and prices of products and services are subject to change without notice. Offers and sales of these products and services are subject to cancellation without notice.
Please feel free to contact us for management consultation or any other questions about our consultation services.
Department: Financial Systems Solution Business Department Ⅰ
Phone: +81-(0)45-613-7555 (BESTWAY/JJ Customer Support Center)