Global-back office system for asset management firms
T-STAR/GV supports asset management companies looking to grow their business internationally. Having one, unified back-office system that supports multiple global locations, allows clients to optimize their post-trade operations and streamline data sharing between locations.
It is essential for global asset management companies to be able to quickly and securely transmit transaction and balance information between locations spanning several countries. In addition, firms need to continually improve the overall efficiency of their back-office operations (post-trade, fund position control managed by asset management companies, cash control) across all locations, while maintaining a high quality of service and minimizing operational risk. Having one unified global back-office management system is a cost-effective and reliable way to address all of these needs, while moving forward with global expansion. T-STAR/GV, created to meet these needs, supports the back-office operations of asset management companies 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Asset management firms with global operations
1. Establishing a global operations platform by sharing up-to-date balance information
T-STAR/GV collects transaction information from each location in real-time and, through a globally integrated portfolio and cash management process, always provides the most up-to-date balance information from the operations section of each office to be utilized in investment decisions.
2. Improving overall efficiency through business process standardization
At the introductory stage, T-STAR/GV helps clients design and build a comprehensive business process geared toward improving overall efficiency from a global perspective. Brokerage firms are able to reduce costs by eliminating redundant operations, and ensure data accuracy through business standardization. The ability to visualize operations at each location makes it possible to continuously improve business processes while managing cost.
3. Global system management service
For truly global operations, the NRI data center supports system operations management 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The nationally appraised and ISO 20000-certified NRI systems operation service provides a secure business platform to meet client needs.
4. Global standard architecture
NRI uses a three-tier system of databases, business logic, and web applications, to achieve growth through business expansion. We make use of globally standardized technology, including high-performance rich-client platforms and message processing to ensure a high level of independence between components.
How it works
- NRI collects information in one global database, which ensures that the most up-to-date information is used for all processes and that complex business matters can be managed with flexibility throughout every location. With T-STAR-GV's integrated management of references, transactions, and balances data, there is no need to conduct additional work to maintain information consistency between locations.
- T-STAR/GV efficiently and seamlessly coordinates with the T-STAR suite, NRI's total solution for asset management companies. Clients also have the option of a fully optimized service based on NRI's total solution.
*This solution is component based design and it can address either a specific need or a total solution
- Fund attribution, security attribution, access control, user management, data management and consultation for all data types
- Stock and bond trading, foreign exchange, NDF, futures, as well as every type of transaction entry
- Automatic execution matching (Omgeo's Central Trade Manager and TradeSuite)
- Unified transaction upload using Excel
- Sending clearing instructions (SWIFT MT54x)
- Monitoring of transaction statuses (sending instructions/unsent instructions)
- Real-time balance and profit updates
- Unrealized gains and losses, futures exchange assessments, futures assessments, calculation of accrued interest on bonds, etc.
- Trust matching (SWIFT MT535, MT536)
- Fund plan management
- Deposit and withdrawal (past date, same date, future date) management
- Trust matching (SWIFT MT950)
- Able to process many types of corporate events (splitting, merging, bonuses, spin-offs, rights, dividends, interest, redemption, etc.)
- Automatic reproduction of entitlement when there are balance changes or event changes
- Automatic matching of dividends (SWIFT MT566)
- Management of events with options (exercise of rights, dividend re-investment plans, etc.)
- NAV accounting (for front-office compliance)
- Exception management
- Online completion of fixed-form reports
*T-STAR/GV are registered trademarks of Nomura Research Institute,Ltd. in Japan.
*Unauthorized reproduction or copying of any of the contents of these documents is prohibited.
*The contents of this page are current as of April 2018. The specifications and prices of products and services are subject to change without notice. Offers and sales of these products and services are subject to cancellation without notice.
Please feel free to contact us for management consultation or any other questions about our consultation services.
Department: Asset Management Systems Global Business Department