With over 21, 000 hours of engineering and project manage ment, 400 physical machines, more than 800 servers running 130 business applications, onsuming more than a Petabyte of regularly accessed data storage were migrated to the cloud. In partnering with ASG in a cloud-based solution, Airservices were able to consolidate their facilities, but also gained efficiencies and cost saving through an environment that offers:
- Reduction in overall technology operating costs
- Pay as you go consumption charging
- Transparent updates of hardware to latest generation
- On-demand self-service provisioning of environments
- Access to systems when needed and only when needed
- High availability and increased resilience through cloud architecture
- Increased scalability and elasticity
- Enhanced IT security posture through an ISM compliant service model.
- By partnering with Vault Systems, ASG were also able to deliver leading cloud IT security outcomes through an ASD Certified private cloud
THE ROAD MAP AHEAD
The cloud migration is just the start of the possibilities and improvements ahead. Already, outsourcing managed services provides subject matter experts applying lessons learned across all of ASG's accounts, into supporting Airservices.
Additionally, the road map ahead will achieve:
- Increased disaster recovery services, in addition to the resilience of the cloud platform itself
- Greater transparency for the executive through reporting on IT environment size and performance
- Enhanced event detection and incident response
- Increased monitoring capabilities, including intrusion detection in the IT security space
- Greater automation to schedule the spin up and spin down environments
- Transparent mapping of future usage to cost
- More flexible capacity management
- Improved use of data for trend analysis and prediction
The transformation program continues and increasingly frees up Airservices resources to focus on more strategic business needs, instead of day-to-day support and management of on-premises infrastructere.