Supporting the Development of Plans for Adopting ERP
An ERP Adoption Methodology for Achieving Management and Operational Reforms
ERPs have been adopted by most companies for their core systems. Not many companies, however are making the fullest possible use of their systems’ functions. In many cases, companies face numerous problems and challenges with the older ERP systems they have adopted and are unable to find the solutions to resolve them.
Meanwhile, recent ERP systems have made remarkable technical advances, making it possible to rapidly introduce the sort of integrated group operations and even consolidated management that could hardly have been accomplished with previous ERP systems.
NRI helps companies formulate plans for applying this cutting-edge technology under a methodological approach, to effectively solve problems in management processes and other operational challenges as well as reform ERP systems at the optimal cost.
Supporting Global ERP Development
Companies looking to expand their business globally, particularly those in manufacturing, have a great need to horizontally integrate their operations while also vertically integrating their management, thereby achieving proper global business management.
The global development of ERP systems has been going on ever since the dawn of ERP adoption, and these global ERP development efforts have been part of a great many business projects.
NRI has supported its customers in their global ERP development measures with a focus on building global COE (Centers of Excellence), using development templates.
A unique feature of NRI’s approach to ERP development is that we don’t merely introduce system development methods to our customers, but rather help them pursue system reforms together with management and organizational overhauls. This approach enables us to simultaneously support various measures for achieving the goals of a more global business management.
Supporting the Standardization of Global Business Operations
An essential aspect of global ERP development is to standardize business operations at various global locations.
NRI has been working alongside global companies to implement their global standardization measures. True “standardization” requires having a methodology that enables a company to autonomously and independently manage and improve its operations.
To do so, it’s necessary to set clear standards for its rules, its organizational structure and authority, its processes, and its systems. It also requires to visualize what level of standardization it has reached compared to their target level in all of these factors, and to identify indicators that will show which item(s) must be met for standardization to be attained.
NRI provides templates and support for making the necessary evaluations (with clear criteria for each item to be checked) and defining the values that enable a more sophisticated global management and more efficient global operations in various areas.
Project Track Record
Formulation of global business management process concept and ERP development at Global Manufacturer A
- Formulated a global core system concept and management criteria
- Defined global account titles and accounting operations
- Defined cost standard operations for overseas sites, based on management criteria
- Introduced a core system based on main business operations using ERP
- Supported standardized operations and system deployment for all global locations
- Supported the launch of new sites (formulated and supported the implementation of plans)
Global management concept based on IFRS and ERP systematization plan at Global Manufacturer B
- Formulated the development concept of a global management system based on IFRS
- Analyzed the existing management accounting system, and developed per unit cost information
- Formulated the design for a global management accounting system, based on the global management system design and our analysis results of the existing management accounting system
- Provided support at all stages in forming system concepts to systematization plans
Development of a global management accounting system at Global Manufacturer C
- Defined management standards for achieving global management
- Formulated concepts and systematization plans for converting per unit cost information from manufacturing sites into a global components list, essential for management accounting
- Devised a global components list and global management accounting system
Please feel free to contact us for management consultation or any other questions about our consultation services.
Representative Department: Consulting Division
- Open innovation
- Policy recommendations
- Energy, environment
- Global operation
- Business model innovation
- Business resturctuting
- HRM strategy
- Cost restructuring
- Business process restructuring
- Supply chain optimization
- Regulatory compliance
- Policy Design
- Koichi Baba
- Satoru Matsumoto