Prime Settlement Service (PSS) is a utility service (*) for financial institutions, integrating both BPO (business process outsourcing) and ITO (information technology outsourcing) services to improve the efficiency of post-trade processes.
PSS is Japan's first utility service for investment banks that streamlines post-trade operations by delivering BPO and ITO services.
PSS's ITO component is known as NRI's I-STAR, a de-facto-standard system used by over 40 companies in Japan's investment banking sector. I-STAR is an NRI multi-user service for wholesale securities brokers.
PSS enables users to standardize their business processes, improve post-trade processing efficiency, and easily adapt to regulatory and infrastructural changes.
Standardized Process and Stable Operation
- Standardized and high- quality operation processing
- Stable operations with SLA
- Reliable IT infrastructure with I-STAR
- Trusted BCP service with I-STAR infrastructure
Compliance to regulations
- Immediate response to regulatory changes
- Reduction of fixed cost such as labor, rental and BCP cost
- Reduction of IT management cost for adjustments
- Reduction of vendor management cost by using the same provider for both BPO and ITO
Global and localized service offering
- Bilingual (English and Japanese) service
*I-STAR is a registered trademark of Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. in Japan.
*PSS is a registered trademark of Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. in Japan.
*Unauthorized reproduction or copying of any of the contents of this page is prohibited.
*The contents of this page are current as of April 2020. The specifications and prices of products and services are subject to change without notice. Offers and sales of these products and services are subject to cancellation without notice.
Press Release:Sep 14. 2015 NRI to provide post-trade utility service to UBS
Report:Feb. 2016 Utility services for investment banks
Press Release:Feb 24. 2016 Nomura Research Institute Named Best Utilities Technology by Wall Street Letter
Press Release:Apr 25. 2016 NRI Wins Two Awards for the Annual FTF News Technology Innovation Awards 2016
Report:Aug. 2016 Utility services' significance for T+1 settlement of JGB trades